I am so happy to feel the coming of fall. I know it doesn't OFFICIALLY begin until this weekend, but I always begin to feel it come September. Even in Arizona—the land of eternal summer.
But I loved growing up in Montana and feeling fall. The air turns crisp (but not cold) and the color of the sunlight changes to a certain kind of dustiness and softness. I especially love the late hours of the afternoon as the light casts everything in a soft yellow-orange hue perfect for fall.
And then the leaves begin to turn. Winter may be just around the corner, but the fall is lovely. Maybe I like it because I was an October baby. Maybe I like it because it meant a return to school which was always something I enjoyed. Whatever the reason, the light and textures of the season bring me a certain joy that comes no other time of year.
1 comment:
I love fall as well. I think it's the crispness, the renewed energy for baking, the routine, the holidays...so many things. It's my #1 fav season!
Post a Comment