Friday, September 19, 2008

Book Talk

Tonight's book club, and in my preparations, I realized I have been in a book club almost continually now for about nine years. It started in my second year of teaching in Great Falls with a wonderful group of teachers and others and continued here in Mesa with a group of friends—once I could find them!

I have read dozens of books through this venture, and whether they were good books or mediocre, I have been grateful to read in a wider and more varied fashion because of the experience.

Oh, and did I mention that at a book club was the first time Enoch and I ever had a real conversation?? Book club is definitely a happy thing. :)

2 comments:

Lott said...

I'm starting a book club for the first time. Any good tips?

Also, have you ever seen a book talk? I love them!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Jodi Picoult My Sister's Keeper. Bleck-o. Jodi, of no orignial ideas in your head shock everyone fame, please stop. Please.

I sure do love book club, but few books (The Other Boylen Girl) rank below old Jodi. I just lent Asher to my friend Melanie the Lit Chick. I'll be interested to see what she thinks!