Thursday, June 19, 2008

Santa Fe Favorites #2

I've now been on the Dorothy Stewart Trail a couple of times since arriving here. Both times have been in the early morning just after sunrise. It offers fabulous views of the city, a good amount of up and down so I can get my heart rate going, and a manageable length of about an hour so I can be on with my day.

The summer I was here before, I didn't get to hike it much due to fire danger. The forest service and city had closed off most of the trails around here because of extremely dry conditions. The closures happened about two days after my friend and I arrived in June and didn't open again until about the last week we were here in July. It was a bummer to know there were so many trails close by and we couldn't hike any of them. But it rained quite a bit that July, and we got to do a few before we left. Dorothy was one of them. I was glad to return this summer and will undoubtedly do it a few more times before I leave.

Here are some views.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I think about it, having all those trails closed had benefits for us too... We were pushed out of town to try new things like Bandolier, Mexican chocolate ice cream, green chile burgers and such ;)

But, I am so glad they're open for you this year!