Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

First things first...the festivities from last night in AZ. Enoch's birthday is this Saturday, and once again, I won't be there for it. I'm pulling for next year because in all the time I've known him, I've never been there for his birthday. Anyway...we went with our friends the Allens from our church to Texas Roadhouse for dinner to celebrate. Their tradition is to have the birthday boy or girl hop on the saddle for a big old Texas "Yee Haw!!" Here is the result:



What a day! While it was hard to say good-bye to Enoch this morning, I know he is fully capable of taking care of himself, and I will see him in about three weeks when he comes for the 4th of July weekend. :) So here I am again, back to the graduate studies...

I got to Santa Fe in good time and without any problems. I've met some delightful people. As a bit of a surprise, I didn't end up rooming with the girl I had planned. It turns out she's next door because we both have bigger rooms with balconies. This is my lucky day and must be a perk of being in my summer of graduation! :) Here are some views. Just you wait until I post some sunset photos! hee hee...




The roommate I do have is named Nelly. She is on an exchange program with her university in Bordeaux (sp?) France. She is delightful and speaks beautiful English. She's currently working on a PhD in American Literature, so hence, her presence here.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Congrats on making it to Santa Fe! Sounds like you are going to have a good summer. I am pretty jealous that you have graduation to get you through it. I am already soooo over this school thing. What was I thinking?

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jess said...

The little bit of Santa Fe I've seen didn't seem so great to me, but I guess you can't really make those kinds of judgements through an airplane window...but in my defense, the airplane was on the ground! lol

Have fun, good luck, and 3 weeks will go by fast :D