Sunday, June 29, 2008

pizza+gelato=delicious


I managed to get out with a group of friends last night for dinner. The food here at the cafeteria is generally quite good as far as cafeteria food goes—but not on Saturday nights. Finding a way to get off campus for sustenance is almost a must.

So Sarah, April, Erin, Tara, and I headed into town to Rooftop Pizzeria and then walked a few blocks over to Ecco Gelato and Espresso for some really good eats. We had some fancy mushroom pizza that was also loaded with whole cloves of garlic and a pizza that had both red and orange tomatoes. I preferred the tomato pizza for its flavor.

Then I got a divine combination of Italian chocolate chip and banana gelato. I heard they have a honey lavender gelato that is unbelievable, but they were out of it last night. Perhaps I will have to take another trip. tee hee ;)

But then again, I probably shouldn't eat for several days...calories don't ever seem to disappear no matter how hard we want them to. Dang it!

3 comments:

AN said...

Oh, don't worry about the calories you take! What if you die tomorrow? Do you want to die thinking of the calories you took today? NO! So enjoy whatever you feel like eating! Life is short!

Emily N. said...

You are so sweet, Ayami! That's the attitude to have. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah, Em, I was there with you. I think C, you and I went to Rooftop for the 4th of July or some other momentous occasion. I'd been there with Elizabeth too. Not sure about the gelato though, as that isn't much my thing. I am sort of white bread when it comes to ice cream. heh, heh.