Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What a whirlwind!

The last several days are a bit of a blur, and unfortunately, I am in the thick of paper writing and daily class preparation, so getting back to my blog has been a bit slow.

But...Enoch and I had a fabulous time over the weekend! :) We explored numerous parts of northern New Mexico, got lost a few times along the way, got shut out of Bandalier National Monument on the 4th of July (apparently there was some sort of bomb threat that closed the whole park down), had some great eats, and thoroughly enjoyed escaping our lives and just being together. Good times!

I'll be posting things over the next few days from our adventures because that's about as exciting as my life is going to get for the next week and a half. So stay tuned...

But today, I wanted to highlight the wonderful bed and breakfast where we stayed in Espanola, NM. Normally, i am just a regular hotel girl when the occasion calls for it, but my friend J has shared with me the joys of branching out a bit. The B&B is called The Inn at the Delta, and it has been owned by the same family for nearly 50 years. It was lovely with huge rooms and bathroom, quiet surroundings and gardens, and a lovely continental breakfast complete with breakfast burritos each morning. And it was highly economical besides. I would highly recommend it should you ever be in the area. The staff was also so friendly. When we wanted to sneak out Sunday morning without breakfast due to fast Sunday at church, they absolutely insisted we take food with us.



What a great place to get away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention what your vote was on the additions to Enoch ;) Is he keeping his goatee for graduation?