I am such a nerd.
Cheryl Glenn, one of the professors here on campus who I am not taking a class from, gave me a copy for free of her new book, The Harbrace Guide to Writing. I have to admit, I was absolutely giddy about it. She made my day.
I know you may not understand this, but this book is an absolute treasure trove of materials perfect for my classroom, and especially my AP classroom. I really wish I could have taken one of Cheryl's courses this summer. She specializes in rhetoric, which is exactly what I need. But I still had other graduation requirements to fulfill so world and British literature it was.
I love Cheryl Glenn! She is one of those magical people who is one of the smartest, busiest and most pre-eminent scholars in her field, and yet she is so humble and willing to reach out to everyone. She has been very involved on campus this summer, and she will be speaking at our graduation next week because she is so fabulous.
Sorry if this is turning out to be my ode to Cheryl Glenn, but she just is that incredible. Do you think it would be too stalkerish of me to ask her to sign my textbook?? (okay, so that's just a joke—kind of)
1 comment:
That really wasn't a jok at all and you know it! That is what we like about you. How exciting that your graduation is next week. I am jealous. Although I am finished with classes a week from today!
Post a Comment