My friend J reminded me of something else I should share about my time out here. In each of my summers of study, I have participated in a little choral group which sings at certain special events like the night to honor the graduating seniors and the night when our program director is in town.
It's always been a fun way for me to let off some steam and stress. We try to find people who play guitar and such so we can have accompaniment because usually there are no pianos. It really is kind of a ragtag, thrown together group sometimes, but it always seems to work. We try to sing some things local to wherever we are, so we can be kind of cultrual, and then we sing things that people generally like.
This year, there are only five of us singing in Santa Fe, but we have fun. We are singing some blue grass, "de Colores"--a Spanish song--, and a song that one of our members wrote about Bread Loaf. We performed last week when the director was here, and it went pretty well. We are far from perfect, but it is pretty remarkable what we do with one practice a week for about four weeks.
We'll sing this Saturday evening at the senior reception. I'll try to get a picture then so you can see The Santa Fe Singers. :)
3 comments:
Only five! Heavens, where is all the talent hiding out this year ;)
Sounds like you are having a great time. How much longer will you be in Sante Fe? How much longer till you're done with school? That's so awesome. Good for you!
In answer to Colleen's questions:
I leave Santa Fe next Wednesday afternoon after the graduation. So that gives me what? SIX MORE DAYS until I done with my degree! :)
Post a Comment