I am finally getting to photos from last weekend. I tell you: it has been one crazy week and will continue to be until next Thursday evening when my last two papers are done.... Then can I start thinking about graduation??
Anyway... One of the favorite things that Enoch and I did was go to Bandalier National Monument. This park was established to preserve ruins of a cliff-dwelling Pueblo people from the 1400-1500's. They have done much preservation and restoration work, and you can climb all up and through the things. The ruins hike even culminates in a 140 ft. climb on several ladders up to the alcove house. This is me at the top going down into the house. Aren't I lovely here in all of my sweaty glory??
Then the second half of the day, we took the Falls Trail that follows along Frijoles Creek down to the Rio Grande. I was glad we didn't run into any Western Diamondback rattlers this time—although I think Enoch may have enjoyed that. I certainly didn't want to relive that experience from four years ago. Here's a picture of the Upper Falls. There are actually two sets of falls to see, neither of them very big, but still a good hike. I was ready to go all the way to the Rio Grande, but I think the altitude and heat had gotten to Enoch by that point in the day, and he was tired, so we turned back. Plus, there were signs saying there were feral cattle down by the river that had given some people trouble. I didn't want to have any crazy adventures, so I was happy to leave the feral cattle alone.
1 comment:
tee hee... I think everyone must take that photo looking through the square. I'll have to find the exact replica of it from when we were there, and see if you're looking completely different ;)
Post a Comment