Sunday, July 22, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame

A group of us headed out last night to see the Asheville Tourists play the Charleston RiverDogs. Mind you, I am not much of a baseball fan, so this was really about the social outing for me. When the game went into extra innings, I suddenly was wanting to be back at campus doing other things like homework. I am a serious nerd!

Here's the view from my seat:



As a bonus, at the end of the night, they were giving away free loaves of bread as some kind of strange promotion. (who ever expects to get a loaf of bread at a baseball game?!?) I picked one up. I feel it was a fitting end to my Bread Loaf summer that I receive a loaf of bread. ;) So here I am with Bill Spellman who hosted us from UNCA and my friend Kim from Massachusetts.



By the way, the Tourists won 6-5, in case you were wondering...

No comments: