I enjoy reading The Biscuit each Monday to see the events and news of the week. But why would I bother to tell you this? Here's the funny part. A few of my fellow students decided to get a little creative in their spare time this week. So they came out with their own underground publication, "The Gravy" as a result. (Who can have their biscuit without some gravy?) As a newspaper adviser, I found the whole thing quite hilarious.
Here are some gems:
• a recounting of Bread Loaf Asheville's First Annual YouTube clip festival held on Tuesday night. In honor of the red carpet for the event: "The most noted names in fashion were of course represented, particularly Teva, Crocs, Chacos, and Old Navy."
• an announcement of the tent city festival coming to Asheville on July 19
• suggested costumes for tomorrow night's Southern Exposure Ball
my favorite: "come as Atlanta (burning, of course)"
• the announcement that there will be a War of Northern Aggression Ball as an after party to Southern Exposure
• palindrome of the week: DAD (see if you can find it!)
• overheard in class and said by one of the professors: "Britney Spears, Dolly Parton, and Bill Clinton are the triumphs of American White Trash." (notice how they all hail from the South!)
I have it on good authority that The Biscuit will respond to this renegade publication on Monday...stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment