Friday, July 13, 2007

Greenlifer



A weird phenomena seems to happen every time I come to Bread Loaf. There seems to be an unwritten rule that Breadloafers should go to natural food stores during their time there. I realize that I can go to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or Sprouts at any time in my regular life, but I don't very often at all—with the exception of Sprouts since it's so close to my house.

When I was in Santa Fe, it was Whole Foods. Do you remember our trips, Jill? In Middlebury we checked out the farmers' market. Here in Asheville, it is Greenlife. I've been there four times in the last two weeks just as a diversion from campus. The picture above is my friends enjoying a Greenlife dinner last Saturday. They have a huge deli section of fresh made items. I went today just for dessert—a blueberry lemon bar. So good!!

The picture below is of their dessert case. Isn't it fabulous looking?! It really is all about presentation, but as a plus, the food is delish!

Greenlife does attract some Asheville characters for sure. People in dreads, the guy I saw wearing a kilt with black and white striped stockings, many men with scraggly beards who make you wonder when last they showered.

Here's to the Greenlife!

No comments: