Thursday, January 6, 2011

Version 2.0

 

We had a sweet little gift arrive under our tree from a dear friend of mine. It was totally unexpected, and made me smile when I opened it. Too small for Asher and not really his style, but perfect for our new little one who will be arriving this year. Approximate date of arrival: July 7, 2011, or perhaps a little easier to remember: 7.7.11. I've always enjoyed a good Slurpee, and sevens are lucky, right?


We are excited to announce the existence of our little Norton v. 2.0! I'm at 14 weeks today, and things are looking good. My pregnanacy has been pretty similar to Asher's. The worst weeks of nausea were near the very beginning in early November. I eat something at regular intervals to keep the nausea under control, and I'm not all that inclined to consume sweets. I'd much rather eat a piece of meat.

With Asher I ate a lot of string cheese and peanute butter sandwiches. With this pregnancy it has been apples and peanut butter with the occassional craving for pizza.

My energy is coming back. I had several weeks of 9 PM bedtimes and 7:30-8 AM wake ups. Asher and I have been keeping very similar sleeping schedules. I haven't napped too much in the day though. His naptimes were valuable work times for me with teaching, so I utilized night time rest to the utmost.

It will be another 6 weeks until we find out what we are having, and we will find out. I don't care either way. I just hope to find that everything looks healthy. In a way, a boy would be nice because we have so much boy stuff, but that is my practical side speaking. ;)

This definitely will be much of our story for 2011. I'm not going to lie. I look forward to those newborn days with reservation. Newborns are so cute, but boy, are they a lot of work, and the lack of sleep is also a trial, but hopefully we will be better prepared this time. I have to remember that it is all well worth it as I look at my little guy running around. There is a time and a season for everything. Yay, for it to be v. 2.0's time! We look forward to its arrival. :)
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Amaree said...

So exciting!!! Congrats :) I agree, newborns are a lot of work, but the babies are fun as they start to grow. I am excited for you guys. Two is a lot different, but it is fun watching them interact :-)

Bud & Kim said...

Congrats! And I'm practical like you. When we're ready for our second I don't care what it is but a girl would be practical as far as clothing and bedding goes. ;-) My turn to bring you guys a yummy meal this summer!

K-Krew said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting and I'm glad to hear you're over the worst of the first trimester.

jill said...

Whooooo-hoooo! ;) Glad you're feeling good, so excited to meet this little person!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. Glad you're feeling okay :)

LStevens said...

Congratulations! Did you announce this at the Weight/Wilkinson get together? I can't remember. I am so excited to meet the next Norton. As long as it is sooner than I met Enoch & Asher. :-)

The Yucel Family said...

Wow, this is so exciting! I can't wait to read your updates during this pregnancy! You are right that the beginning is rough but, soon enough, the benefits of having two will become apparent. You can probably tell from our pics that Kaan and Tibet love each other very much and spend lots of time playing together already! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!

Amber M. said...

HOORAY for you! So excited for the Norton family!

Jen Mac said...

Hooray! This is super exciting! Congratulations!

Cara said...

Now that I have your blog, I'll keep up on your very important announcements. Love being your friend! Congrats on the new bundle to come!

Mycket said...

I'm a little late to this party...congratulations!! I am so happy for you!!

Jody said...

Congrats, Emily! So excited for you! Hope all is going well. :)