Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 in Review

I found these questions on another person's blog. They have been great for reflection.

What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
worked as an online instructor, took a baby to Disneyland and endured a day of rain there, worked on a needlepoint stocking (which is still not quite finished)

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm not much of a resolution maker because I prefer to set goals as I go. I had the goal to complete my Young Women Personal Progress as a leader, which I nearly did and will by the end of this month. I also wanted to be better at meal planning, and I have gotten better. :)

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? a healthy second baby, my Young Womanhood Recognition

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Aug. 11--Asher's first birthday, Oct. 19--a rainy day in Disneyland with Asher, Enoch, and Sheryl and the day when Asher also took his first steps

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
oh dear, this is a hard one. Getting hired so that I can work from home, which is a huge blessing for our family.

What was your biggest failure? Procrastinating so that I didn't get the stocking done like I had planned. I also need to get better about getting books all the way read before I go to book club.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did have a crazy day of stomach flu right after we got back from Utah. I threw up twice--and the last time I threw up was 22 years ago by my knowledge. I hope it's at least another 22 years because it was not fun or pleasant. It basically sucked.

What was the best thing you bought? Bar none--the piano now sitting my living room. I love its story. I love its sound. I love the place it will have in our family. :)

Where did most of your money go? the mortgage and tithing

What did you get really, really, really excited about? my piano, Disneyland

What song will always remind you of 2010? the lullabies playing as Asher falls asleep

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner--but not for long
c) richer or poorer? about the same

What do you wish you’d done more of?
getting out of the house as a whole family. Reading scriptures.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
surfing the internet

What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy

What was the best book you read? The Help

What was your greatest musical discovery? kids music on Pandora. Have you heard the song "My Hair Had a Party Last Night?" So cute. I sing it to Asher quite frequently when I get him up in the morning. :)

What did you want and get? a trip to Disneyland

What did you want and not get? the beginnings to the Willow Tree Nativity

What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3

What kept you sane?
walking with Asher, Enoch's listening ear

Who did you miss?
my family, my friend J

Who was the best new person you met?
Cara

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2010.
I have to be willing to step up and be less shy in order to not feel so isolated. I learned the limitless love a mother can have for her child. It's magical.

1 comment:

jill said...

I think I might have to steal this idea... still haven't figured out my year in review post. Counted up my books though. Only 66, heh, heh.

Of course, I am still working on the same essays that came in on Dec 20, that has to come first.

Miss you!