Friday, January 14, 2011

It is finished.


You may remember me talking about this stocking a year ago, and yes, it was almost a year ago that I first blogged about starting this project. Well, I'm glad to say that it is finally done! It really didn't take me a year to do, but there were many months where this project went untouched. I always figured I had until Christmas, so of course I procrastinated. Then December arrived, and there was way too much busyness and pregnancy fatigue to give me the time to finish before the actual day. But Asher didn't care. :)

It's not perfect. But I am hoping that few of my errors will be visible to the casual observer. And there were a few things I left off like the tassles on the mittens. The directions were way too vague, and it would have taken me way longer to figure out than it was worth. I do wish Bucilla did a better job with the directions. They need to hire a really good technical writer (ehem, ehem, Megan...).

So now I need to start on one for Enoch that I can maybe finish a little faster now that I have had some experience. I'm not pressing my luck to think that I can finish two in one year, so the new baby will probably have to wait his/her turn to have one of my masterpieces. ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You definitely picked out a pattern with a lot of detail. I actually really enjoy how tedious it is to make these, so I got a head start on Felicity's and will be finishing hers this week. I knew it would be way too hard to try to get it done after her arrival. Good luck with Enoch's. :)