Monday, July 5, 2010

A Fabulous 4th!


Our 4th was pretty fun and casual around here. It was great to have Megan and Jessica and Matt in town from Utah--even if they are crazy to leave a cooler place for the hot here. ;)

Saturday we first met up with them at Golfland where the Blizzmobile would be. In case you haven't heard, in honor of the Blizzard's 25th birthday, there is a traveling van all decked out in Blizzard fashion across the country. It happened to be in Phoenix this weekend, and we scored a free sample of the new mini Blizzard treat in Oreo flavor. Good stuff! Golfland is a water park, mini golf, arcade kind of place, and there were many people there trying to escape the hot, but the Blizzmobile was surprisingly lonely. It was like the people didn't know it was there. How foolish! I wish I had taken some pictures, but instead you'll have to get more info here.

Then we went up to Jill's for swimming and some dinner. We headed home while the rest of the girls decided to do some shopping at the outlets at Anthem. I guess Enoch and I are getting too old for such late night shenanigans. Sigh.

Sunday afternoon we did pizza at our house with everyone including cousin Lori and her family who live out in Queen Creek and my dad who's been living in Tucson the last few months. That night Matt, Jess, and Megan stayed over. We watched Holes, had ice cream sundaes, and I stayed up later than I have in a while. Good times.

Monday morning we took the tour at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. It was small and there wasn't a whole lot to see since production of the oil doesn't happen until fall. Right now they are growing the olives on the trees.
It is a nice operation out there, though, and they have a great little cafe where we enjoyed some eggs benedict and gelato for dessert. Yum!

Thanks for visiting sisters and for spicing up our 4th of July even if there were no fireworks for us. I guess you were the fireworks! :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like fun times. I'm a little jealous of the heat since I was wearing long pants and a jacket up in West Yellowstone.