Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reunion Recap

I know. The Norton family reunion was nearly a month ago, but I did want to record a few of my thoughts while they still linger and before they are lost forever. :) In all there were 46 people there--al of Enoch's siblings and spouses, his parents, and all but two of their 24 grandchildren. That's pretty impressive in my mind.


This was the view out our balcony at the Brighton Chalets. It was a lovely spot located in Brighton—a spot far more known for its skiing rather than its summer activities. But I loved the weather! It was pleasent 80's, cool evenings, and such a great break from the heat of AZ.

About a quarter mile down the road was Silver Lake, which was small enough to walk around, but big enough for people to do all kinds of wading and fishing. This would be the extent of my hiking this trip, which was a bit of a bummer for me, but I needed to pace myself. A lot of other members of the family hiked to a couple of other lakes, but these hikes required more of a climb than I was up for, so I stayed behind.

Most of the reunion was pretty relaxed without a whole lot in the way of structured activities. We did have a fun round of human foosball and a rather competitive crossword puzzle race between several teams. Then on one day we drove back down to Utah County and did water activities in a park. It was a nice mix of activity and relaxation.

One of the big organized activities was the big family photo since it so rare to get all of the Nortons together. Here are a few candid shots Enoch caught during the process. Most people were dreading it because it always seems like such a chore to get a good picture. But the grandkids were remarkably well-behaved, so it didn't take hours like we feared. We haven't seen the final shots yet, but someday the big photo may make a grand appearance on the blog.



(This last one of Enoch's brother Jonathan is just so funny I couldn't help but include it. He may never see it here, so what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right?)

2 comments:

K-Krew said...

So is your baby #25? Sounds like a fun reunion :)

Emily N. said...

Yep. Asher will be #25. Who knows how many there will be by the time Enoch and his siblings are done.