Sunday, May 10, 2009

52 Saturdays #18: We won a trophy!


A few months ago, several of my journalism students entered a contest sponsored by the AZ Press Women's Association, and look at what we came back with. Not only did 6 of my students earn individual awards of various kinds, but because we took home so many awards, it also meant we won the overall sweepstakes award which got us a trophy! The four students who came with family members and guests were certainly glad they attended, and I was so proud of them.

This hasn't been an easy year of journalism for me, so I am glad to end it on such a positive note. They do have great capability and talent. I just wish they understood a little better the concept of a deadline... oh well...

And I know you are probably thinking, "Where's the baby bump??" I am cleverly hiding it from you. ;) But I assure you it is there, and perhaps next weekend among all of the graduation picture taking, my ever-expanding middle will show itself. I just thought I'd tease you a bit. hee hee

And yes, I am a bit blonder than I have probably ever been. I'm not sure that I am sold on it. But it is what it is--and I like to think of it as my summery look.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Welcome to the blond side sister!