Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the forgotten but probably most frequently asked FAQ...

My brain has gone dull these days. I swear I forget things far more often than I should. Hmmmm... So of course, I would forget the question I get asked most:

How are you feeling?

Quite good actually, and I have been blessed to feel quite good throughout. I must have inherited my mom's genes when it came to morning sickness because I didn't have much of any. My worst two weeks in terms of my stomach and energy were Christmas and New Year's weeks. I didn't have much of an appetite, and my stomach was queasy, but I never threw up and was able to keep the signs pretty well hidden. Nobody at my in-laws suspected anything--even though I had to be acting in a somewhat uncharacteristic manner.

By the time I returned to school the next week, I was feeling pretty much 100% although finding ways to sneak a couple of snacks during my morning schedule. But again, nobody was suspicious. I am glad to be through that first trimester though and to have any residual stomach weirdness pretty much over with.

3 comments:

Jody said...

So then my next question would be--how did you end up telling family?

Anonymous said...

Emily!! WOW! Good things come to good people. Thank you for all your sacrificing for family now you get to have your own blessing! We are so happy for you!
I will look forward to the updates on your blog!
Love you forever, Linda

AN said...

Rachel knew you were pregnant!! You were eating saltine crackers, that's why.