Sunday, March 8, 2009

52 Saturdays #9: Bridal Shower Bonanza


Yesterday was a tale of not one, but two, bridal showers. The first one, where this picture was taken, was at my house in the morning. One of the people I work with in my church youth organization is getting married on March 26, so I and a few of the girls did our own little shower to celebrate with her this exciting event. Here they are designing their own wedding dress for her out of toilet paper. They even added some rose detailing on the front which you can't see here, but it sure was creative. I wish more of our girls could have come, but Saturday mornings are hard, and we were running into a number of conflicts. But it was still nice with yummy crepes and fun conversation and activities.

Then in the afternoon, I headed to my sister Jill's where she was hosting a bridal shower for her sister-in-law. I was there to help with with Elaine and Charlotte as well as for moral support. That shower went well too. It was a lovely day here, so I enjoyed being outside by the pool in the sun and pleasant temperatures. And the girls seemed to enjoy themselves too.

No comments: