Sunday, March 29, 2009

52 Saturdays #12: Hike to Weaver's Needle



We took a group of young men and young women on a hike up to a spectacular view of Weaver's Needle yesterday via the Peralta Trail. It was a glorious day for hiking—beautiful blue skies, and not too hot yet. Although it was warm. I'm glad we started early. The first 2.5 miles are pretty much uphill the whole way to get to the viewpoint. Since you just turn around and go back, that means the rest is all down hill, which is pretty sweet. And the view is gorgeous as you can see.

I've hiked this trail once before about a year and a half ago. I wasn't nearly as fast this time as I normally would be, but I was trying to make sure my heart rate didn't get too high, that I didn't get too hot, and that I was keeping well hydrated. I made it, and the baby seems none the worse for wear. Of course, the front of my thighs are a little on the sore side today. In fact, all of the kids made it, and seemed to have a really good time.

3 comments:

Grandma Sandy said...

Wow, I guess I haven't checked in lately. And SURPRISE!!!!! WE ARE SO THRILLED. Heather & Robin haven't said a word...Hope you are doing OK (blog says "yes")...Love ya, Sandy

Sarah and Scott said...

I'm impressed you did so well on the hike... it must not have been easy being pregnant. Congratulations by the way!

Becky said...

It was a very fun hike, I think we need to do that more often. Thanks for planning that!