Wednesday, June 27, 2007

One summer...at band camp...



No, I am not at band camp this summer, but the band campers have most certainly invaded this week. I think everyone in my program was a bit shocked by the little ones lugging their instruments all over campus on Monday morning. I wish I would have had a camera for the moment I saw when two kids under five feet tall were both hefting string basses on their backs across the quad. That moment was classic. Note to self: always carry a camera. I think the camp ends Friday so we can then have our cafeteria back to ourselves. Nothing like hundreds of kids swarming around to make the cafeteria scene a little crazy.



I thought I would include a picture of my dorm space for your viewing pleasure. That would be my bed and my desk. These dorms have been newly renovated, so they are pretty nice comparatively. It beats the paper thin walls of my Nebraska dorm for sure. I'm glad it's temporary, though.

Note: My posts will probably become somewhat less because I am starting to feel the pressure of papers and class preparation. I promise to make it interesting as much as possible, though. Like by Sunday I should be able to post my photos from my visit to the Carter Family Fold which will happen this Saturday. Johnny and June Carter Cash fans—just you wait!

No comments: