I really do believe that it is the moments of parenting that make it all worth it. The day to day mundane routines are not all that exciting and the loss of sleep will no doubt prove my undoing on some days. But there are some beautiful moments that make up for the hard things a million times over.
The other night, Enoch was holding Julia as he was preparing to put her to sleep. She was very alert and awake at the time, so he sat and held her, talking to her gently. I wasn't there for most of it, but when I entered the room, he had tears in his eyes. Nothing quite compares with the dad and his love for his daughter.
I wish for many daddy/daughter dates, lots of hugs and kisses for dad, and a girl who feels like she can always seek our her dad's perspective on life and appreciate what he has to offer. I know that Enoch feels his relationship with her is critical. He wishes he had seen his own dad spend more time with his sisters and thinks it could have been good for them.
On a lighter note, I also caught this moment:
It's uncanny how the dad can always manage to get his children to pose like him in sleep.
1 comment:
Sleeping with the new babies (well, any of the kids, even now, actually) has always been one of Aaron's favorite things. I have many pictures of him like that. :-) in fact, he fights for the chance hold Olivia during sacrament meeting, because she always falls asleep. Enjoy the daddy cuddle.time, Julia... there is someting special about the daddy-daughter bond that can't be replicated!
Post a Comment