Saturday, July 30, 2011

1 month old

 We have survived the first month! And this newborn phase is certainly a test of survival for all of us. Your brother alternates between bursts of love and fits of jealousy--especially when I'm holding you and he would like to be held too like after naptime. I am trying to get sleep where I can. Thankfully you are good about going back to sleep after I feed you at night. This allows me to go back to sleep pretty quickly too. And your dad is being a champion about getting his sleep so that he can get up and go to work every day and not really ever get much opportunity to sleep past 6 AM except on Saturdays.

I would say that you are more of a crier than your brother, but my memory could be fuzzy on that. You have certain ways you like to be held, and your periods of being awake and calm are fairly short. We do lots of walking with you because movement helps you find your happy place.

You are a cute one, though. You are growing and a good eater. Your first smiles began to appear a couple days before you turned 4 weeks old. They are still not consistent in any way, but I usually can get a few out of you every day with some cajoling.

Here's to surviving and thriving in month 2!

No comments: