Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sister/Brother, Beauty/Beast

On the one hand, Asher is incredibly sweet and loving with little Julia. He loves to kiss her head all the time, plays with her feet and hands, is really quite gentle with her as he approaches. Of course, sometimes he comes at her at a run, and I worry he won't stop before smashing into her, but so far so good. He gets big smiles on his face as he looks at her and marvels at her smallness.

On the other hand, we have definitely seen some of the growing pains for Asher as he has adjusted to no longer being the only child. He is really quick to fits these days and will flop to the floor immediately when having a tantrum over something he wants but can't have immediately (but then again, maybe this is a signal of being two). His bedtime routines are longer because he knows this is his time to be one on one with one of his parents. I get that. He also can be quite possessive at times if he gets ahold of a Julia pacifer. It's like he knows this is the one thing that's hers that he doesn't have, and so he wants it. He can be an absolute beast sometimes.

But then he turns back into the model big brother. I wish I could have taken a better picture of the love as these two looked at each other across the blanket. But Asher kept moving to look at the pictures I was taking on the camera, so it was hard to get him to sit still long enough. Oh well...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: