Sunday, June 27, 2010

Getting the hairs cut

After talking about his shagaliciousness for several weeks now, Enoch finally decided it was time for A to have a trim. And I am talking Enoch decided very quickly and took almost immediate action. I don't even know that I would have had a chance to stop him (not that I would have, he needed it), it all happened so fast.

I was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner, and all of a sudden I heard Enoch yell my name. He needed me to distract A so he would quit freaking out.

A didn't like the clippers. Something about the sound and vibration didn't sit well with him. So I came in to find a teary baby, and a dad poised to continue clipping. Enoch didn't do any shaving with the clippers. He just figured it would be an easier way to trim than with scissors.

So gone are the pieces of hair over your ears and the strands trailing down your neck. Doesn't he look handsome and perhaps a little more like a little boy than like a baby?

And here the first haircut remnants sitting in the sink. Notice they are stick straight. Enoch and I both have natural curl in our genes, but our little man got none of that. As a funny irony, A's half Japanese cousin has wavy hair, but not A. I didn't think Japanese did curly all that well, but the cousin does.

1 comment:

K-Krew said...

Haircuts can be tough - we try to distract them with movies. Andrew still cries sometimes though. Both L & A had curly hair as babies (I took lots of pics for proof b/c I couldn't believe it myself!) Crazy, huh?!