Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Reflections 1.6.10

Note: My friend J and I have decided to once again do a common blog idea on our blogs this year. Last August, she and I had baby boys about a week apart. So for 2010, we are going to follow and reflect on our little guys' development, growth, personalities, etc. You can follow her little boy here.


Here you are on your tummy. It's not much your favorite place these days, and yet, you don't seem to so much care about rolling onto your back. Much of what I read says you should be rolling one way and maybe even both, but this is not for you even with the coaching and cajoling your dad and I try to give you. You've rolled maybe four times on your own, but that was a while ago and probably more by happenstance than by deliberate intended skill. You are your own soul, that's for sure.

You'd much prefer sitting up. You have a strong back and neck and love to see the world around you. I can already tell that you are a studier of things. You look intensely, touch, and then if possible bring whatever it is to your mouth. You were doing some intense study of the front of my shirt today and enjoying its textures with your fingers.

In the last week, we seem to be within some transitional phase of sleeping. You have always been a baby that sleeps more than the average, but in the last week, that sleep has suddenly decreased by a couple of hours, which has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I am trying to figure out your new rhythms, so that you still get the sleep you need. You get quite cranky when you don't have it. It's been a process of trial and error, and I am still trying to figure it out.

I wish I knew what you were thinking. There is so much going on in that brain of yours, I can tell. You are a child of intensity and probably always will be. Thanks for your sweet smiles and shining eyes. Whatever you do, you do it with energy and intensity, and the smiles and laughs are the best!

No comments: