Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Reflections 1.27.10



Your hands are doing so much more with every passing day. You constantly reach for, touch, and find ways to bring things to your mouth. You love to just study your hands sometimes—they are so powerful to you. I was hoping to get the shot of you staring at your hands as you manipulate the fingers. It's fascinating and exciting to watch. It reminds me of how truly powerful hands are and how at a loss I would be if my hands were not functioning or functioned like yours. No wonder you find such excitement in them.

You are also growing stronger in your back. I try to have you practice sitting for little bits, and it works for a few seconds before you topple over. In the picture, I am propping you with my leg, but you will soon be independent. I can tell that the days of the Bumbo and swing are coming to an end. You love to arch your back and push yourself up and almost out of both things which is a little scary.

It makes me a little sad to see you approaching the freedom that will come with sitting and with using those hands more expertly. But it's an exciting time too.

Still no rolling, but I suppose it's just not your thing right now. Will you ever be the kid who likes to go rolling down a big hill? I bet your cousins E and C could teach you a thing or two about that. ;)

No comments: