For our little Asher-man,
If we had the magic lamp of a genie, we would definitely do some rubbing and wishing for you. Perhaps these may be a bit cliche, but they get used so often because they are so true. They are very much what most parents would wish for their children.
1. Happiness. As I watch you smile big, close your eyes, and kick your head back in your giggles, I can't help but hope you will do much of this throughout your life. Don't be inclined to take things too seriously. Instead, smile, laugh, and fill your life with happiness. Hopefully, we can help you find the bright side when things look not so happy. Be joyful and spread that joy around.
2. Health. Amidst all this talk of H1N1 flu and vaccinating, I do hope you will stay a pretty healthy kid. Your dad and I were both fortunate to grow up with few doctor visits and few issues. We wish the same for you. In that spirit, we've had our shots, we'll immunize you many times in the next few years (even though you hate it), and I'll head off to wash my hands once again once I finish typing this post.
3. Good friends. As they say, you can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends. Sorry. You're stuck with us. ;) But hopefully your life will be filled with good friends who support you, build you up, and make life full of fun and adventure. This is one of our biggest prayers for you. May we know how to guide you in this way, and may we bring you up to be that good friend to others.
We love you!
mom and dad
No comments:
Post a Comment