It's been a while since my last posting. I have been to Utah and back, collected photos from the last two Saturdays, attended a family reunion, but no postings on those--as yet.
It seems I have hit a bit of a snag. I've lost my stride. You see, my wonderfully blissful and uneventful pregnancy is over, and I am trying to come to terms with the fact that basically I am on bedrest until our little guy is a little more prepared to make his grand appearance.
When I went into the doctor last Thursday for my check up, my blood pressure was up to a level my doctor didn't like. Usually I have normal or even low blood pressure. As a result, the doctor sent me to the hospital for a series of non-stress tests to see where I stood. The test results came back fairly positive, so my doctor was optimistic but cautious, so I am now on the twice a week visit plan until the baby's birth. It seems I am a victim of pregnancy induced hypertension, which could develop into something more severe like preeclampsia which was something my sister dealt with in both of her pregnancies. It was not fun for her, and is something I want to avoid if at all possible.
At this point there is no telling when the baby will come or how he will be delivered. Only time and circumstance can tell us that. But chances are this baby will come sooner rather than later.
Meanwhile, sweet Enoch is trying to rig up some kind of reclining work station for me so that I can do a couple of things I need to on the computer while in a more horizontal rather than vertical position.
I will get to posting more, but be patient with me, and if you are the praying type, perhaps give us a mention.
4 comments:
Aw, dang it. You deserve a blissful, uncomplicated pregnancy. We will definitely keep you in our prayers.
Do you need dinners or anything? Please, please let me know what we can do to help out. I'll give you a call tomorrow, k? Hang in there!
Take care of yourself Emily. Wish I was closer to help.
For perspective...
Even in an uneventful pregnancy, you'd still be waiting, lying low, waiting, and lying low, especially in your crazy heat right now. Just those bonus trips to have things checked out that add events. Maybe you can think of it as having a baby calendar already ;)
We wish we could be there to help too...
Glad to hear you have such a sweet hubby. I'm sad that I'm not closer. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care.
Post a Comment