Wednesday, July 29, 2009

52 Saturdays #28: Pack Your Bags July 18, 2009



In light of recent events, Enoch and I spent a little bit of our time on a recent Saturday packing our bags in case a trip to the hospital becomes necessary. While not completely packed (some things will have to wait until last minute), we put together a few of those essentials that could be stored away.

By way of an update on baby and BP status, everything remains much the same. I still have high blood pressure readings when I am sitting up at the doctor's office, but when I am reclined or lying down, the numbers are remarkably normal or even low. And so it is as though I am playing a game of chicken. Will the baby give in first or my body? I'm taking time to rest and stay cool. So far I am showing no other negative symptoms.

And hopefully we'll have what we need for the hospital. But then again, we only live about five minutes away. ;)

3 comments:

jill said...

No bags are packed at this house ;) It's on the list, but heavens, the list is so long.

Susan said...

I wouldn't worry too much about packing - you won't be completely ready, no matter what :) Just relax and enjoy your rest.

K-Krew said...

We were scrambling to throw things together after my water broke, mind you this was after midnight. J also made his appearance 3 weeks early so I guess I can blame not being ready on that :)

Good for you for preparing ahead of time! Take care of yourself.