I came home today to find an interesting shaped package on our doorstep. The box was long and skinny, and I thought for sure it had to be something for Enoch, but then I noticed it was to me and came from the Middlebury Alumni Office. Hmmmm....
I already had my diploma and had ordered no fancy regalia, framing, or mementos because I think that stuff just becomes great dust collectors. So I open up the box highly curious about the contents. And much to my surprise, inside was a cane. A cane. Yes, like the kind to assist one's walking So weird and random. It has this engraved plaque on it which says it is Gamaliel Painter's Cane and has my graduation year and degree engraved on it. Apparently it is some symbol of the college.
Don't get me wrong. I can appreciate symbols. But what am I supposed to do with a cane? I guess it will make for some funny conversation and a good costume piece for future costume parties. I do rather enjoy a good costume party. Any other ideas?
5 comments:
Wha??
You could always get a cute umbrella stand to put it in by the front door.
Couldn't they have sent you some chocolate instead? Hmmm.
Hilarious.
Leave it to Amber to come up with a cute, practical idea.
It could double as a candy cane on Christmas and the letter J when needed. Also, there may be times when there is something far, far away under the bed and you need the cane to get it.
What if you twist your ankle sometime? It would be great to break a pinata open with. You could play a practical joke and hang it on a string outside the bathroom for someone to walk into.
So many possibilities...man a cane is a wonderful thing!
hum... i did not receive a cane, but i do get a lovely alumni mag ;)
We don't exactly know when we'll be heading back to MT. The plan is 2 months before the dealership in Helena is completed...whenever that is!! I am guessing sometime between Oct. & Dec.
Post a Comment