Yesterday, Enoch and I took another trip out to Enoch's parents' place in Hyder, AZ. It was a bit of a trip down memory lane for me actually. Even though I have only been there a handful of times, this trip marked the first anniversary of my first ever visit--and the first time I ever met the parents. It was nice not to have to worry about meeting new people or about making first impressions. :)
We got out there by 11:00 AM. Enoch quickly went to work fixing his mother's bicycle. I visited with my niece Amanda, and eventually some old family photo albums came out. It was great fun seeing the family and Enoch in various stages of being. I got to see a whole slug of pictures from his mission.
I got some good napping in and some good eating. Enoch's mother is the champ of good food to feed the multitude. She's also the queen of the deal. She managed to get in on a bunch or boxes of free pasta of a number of varieties, and we got to benefit from her luck. I probably brought home $30 worth to add to my food storage. It was awesome!
We did take a little swimming excursion to a neighbor's pool, which was also cause for some excitement.
It was also my father-in-law's 70th birthday, so we sang and had apple pie with homemade ice cream.
Good times! Thanks, Nortons!
1 comment:
Apple pie...yummm! Worth a drive every time.
Post a Comment