10...
All of a sudden I am about to start my 10th year of teaching on Monday, and I am wondering where all of the time went, and how on earth I suddenly became so old. I think back to all of the teachers I had during my school years who had probably been teaching in the 10 to 15 year range, and at the time, they all seemed to much older and wiser, and more established than I am at this point.
But I suppose with such a milestone year as this, it is only fitting that I have a student teacher shadowing me and preparing for the profession. Her name is Lauren, and I will be introducing her more to you in a later post. I think I am really going to like her and so will the kids. She has a personality that bodes well for her success.
Really... this is just a post to allow me to ponder on 10. I can't hardly believe it, and yet, it has most definitely happened.
And for those of you still weeks away from the start of school, enjoy what you have left of summer! :)
6 comments:
I completely understand how you feel. I can't believe I'm starting my 7th year...that makes me feel old too.
You have had 10 years to touch many lives. That is great, Emily! I can't wait for the day that I can celebrate such a mile marker. :)
Your students are the better for it. I can't wait until I start my first year and hopefully survive it. Congrats! You should do something for yourself to celebrate.
I am glad you have 10 years under your belt...for me anyways, b/c I was able to be in your class. You are a talented and kind teacher- so Congrats to you my dear!
Congrats, Emily!! A job well done. Hope this week is treating you well. We don't start till Sept. 2nd.
Thanks for all of the kind words, ladies! It's been a week, and I need to blog about it more in detail for sure!
Post a Comment