We also feel like we are close to being settled in our condo. There will always be more things we can do to the walls and such, but we have ordered some drapes and today ordered some nightstands and a kitchen table and chairs—our first major purchases together! All should arrive within two weeks, so we are pretty excited. I'll have to send some updated photos then.
But to tide you over, I thought I'd give a photo tour of our place, such as it is. We like it, and feel it's been a great place for us to start out.
First the living area:
Then the guest bathroom. feel free to come visit! You'll have your own wing of the house! (You'll have to turn your head to view. I sometimes can't figure blogger out...)
The kitchen (again turn your head):
The dining area, which still needs the most attention, but it will come within the next couple of weeks!
The master bedroom, which we really like. It's spacious, has a sliding door that goes out onto our patio, has a nice walk in closet and a comfy feel. People often ask us about the paint and wallpaper in here. Our landlord came in and did all new paint and carpet throughout the place about two months before we moved in. We have definitely benefited. It made the place look hardly lived in--although it definitely has been for about the last 8 years.
The master bathroom. Notice the Enoch and Emily embroidered hand towels—one of our wedding gifts...
There is also a guest bedroom, but Enoch has been working his way through boxes of his stuff and is working on rebuilding his computer, so it is a bit of a mess, but I assure you that if any of you should come visit, it will be ready and waiting for you. We have two twin beds in there!
6 comments:
Looks nice, Em. Eric and I had a futon just like yours when we first got married!
Enoch's had that futon for a while. The blue couches are also a Norton newlywed hand-me-down. They were several of his siblings' before they came to us!
Thanks for the peek~!!
That is a great 1st home! I wish you could have seen ours...yikes. I have spring break next week and will be going to Denver to visit my parents...yippee! I'm ready for a break as well.
I can see some space for a lovely piece of art, discovered in Santa Fe this summer to celebrate your graduation! ;)
the Santa Fe art idea is a good one! It would be lovely in the dining area!
Post a Comment