I realize that this is about a week late in coming to this space, but I realized last night as I was watching Enoch write thank you notes for the space of about two hours, that I need to get some of my thank yous of the season recorded for posterity...or something like that. (never fear, I have been writing many a thank you note as well. But because of his procrastination, he was stuck with quite the backlog.)
Here are some in no certain order:
1. I am grateful to work with honors students who consistently do their work and who ask insightful questions because they want to know and because they want to do things the right way.
2. I am grateful for a caring department head who listens to me and who trusts what I have to say and what I have to offer.
3. I am grateful to so many friends who have been so generous in their gift-giving and in celebrating with me. I don't know how I can ever give back in ways that I have been given.
4. I am grateful that I can read and write and think and have opportunities to increase my learning.
5. I am grateful to have the gospel and the meaning hope and peace it brings.
6. I am grateful for a boy who spends two hours writing thank you notes—because he has gratitude.
7. I am grateful to have comfortable places to live with kind and giving roommates.
8. I am grateful to a wise bishop who has so little time compared to the number of people he serves and yet in that time, he offers the best and sweetest of advice and counsel.
9. I am grateful for email and telephones to cross the miles.
10. I am grateful for answers to prayers whether they be in the form of inspiration or angels disguised as friends.
11. I am grateful to live and breathe and find joy even after the challenges.
May you find much to be grateful for as well.
2 comments:
What about your family? parents? siblings? Just curious...
The key word is "some" things I am grateful for, and I was going for the kind of things that I don't think about traditionally. More of the unspoken and unsaid ones.
Not trying to offend anyone!
Post a Comment