Sunday, May 19, 2013

the stake 5k with Arlene

My church stake here in Mesa decided to sponsor a 5k to encourage healthy habits among the members. I decided to train for it and run a couple of months ago, and Saturday I got to finally run it. It was fun to have my friend Arlene along for the run. We had done some running together in recent weeks to make final preparations. Arlene inspires me. She has lost a considerable amount of weight in the last year and a half, and she runs 5ks with regularity. She rocks and has made a determination to live a healthier better life. I am blessed with wonderful friends.

Here we are before and after!


Do I dare say that I would like to trains for the Turkey Trot 10k in November. If I just maintain running a couple times a week through the summer (when it is so hot here), I could do the more rigorous training come fall. We'll see. Who knows if we will even be here for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

jess said...

You can do it!!!