Saturday, May 18, 2013

Here and there

Our life is pretty mundane, so there hasn't been much to blog about lately. For example, frequently the highlight of our day is going to Winco or to Costco. We are living the life, I tell ya! Even one day this past week when I thought I would be the super cool mom and take my kids to a splash pad at a local shopping mall, I was foiled. Turns out they don't open the splash pad until Memorial Day weekend even though we had several 100 degree days this week. Oh well, I tried.

So since our trip, not much has happened, but I have snapped a few pics.
 We are back to yard work. It's always nice when we can enlist the kids to help us.
 Asher is getting up way too early now that the sun is up about 5. He's usually up by 6 and sometimes at 5:30. That means I am up too. This also means he needs to go back to napping so that he doesn't turn into a basket case by 5 PM. He of course, doesn't want to nap, and so we have entered a stage of struggle between wills--his and mine. Sometimes, I am successful at getting him to nap and sometimes not. So we struggle on.
 WE are about at the end of our first school year of the neighborhood babysitting co-op. It has gone quite well for those of us involved. Only a few conflicts, and I am grateful that people are so willing and able to help each other out when there needs to be a last minute change in schedule.
There will probably be more Sonic runs in our future now that summer has arrived. I just love a big, cold diet Sprite or a nice creamy orange cream slush on a hot day. Thank goodness for Sonic! (Yes, I just blogged about Sonic because that is how slow the news is around here.)

2 comments:

K-Krew said...

I wish we had splash pads around here. However, spring has been late in coming so I will be happy with our little spray mister at the park :)
We love Sonic too! If only we lived closer to each other we could do lunch!!!
And a neighborhood babysitting co-op? I'm intrigued. How does it work?
Glad to hear about the little things. I'm trying to blog more about the day-to-day.

jill said...

Yum, Sonic. We've been without Sonic since Colorado, but every chain in the universe seems to be here.

We had our first Chick-fil-a since we were a family of three today, for example. Why? Because I was sure we had spaghetti sauce, but I was incorrect. We might be extraordinarily low on groceries...