Thursday, May 23, 2013

The end of the preschool year

Yesterday, brought the end to Asher's first preschool year. His class celebrated with a water day where Asher got to do a slip and slide for the first time. I wasn't there for it, but his teacher said with some teaching and practice he finally got the art of sliding on his belly down. I sometimes forget how many things Asher has yet to experience in his life. I take for granted the things like sliding on my belly that I just know and do. Now if only he could get more practice. ;)

Ms. Shari was wonderful with him.

 He has grown and changed so much. He knows all of his letters and numbers to 20, most of the letter sounds, and has an ever increasing vocabulary. He still doesn't like to color or write the letters, but I will try  this summer to get him to do a little practice every day. I'm so glad I discovered his teacher via blog, because the one day a week thing was a great fit for him at this point. Next year, he'll do three days a week, and then we will see about kindergarten. (I still am not decided on whether to wait for him to start for another year since he is the August birthday. I'll wait until we see where he is come middle of next year to do anything definitive.)

Pretty much every time, he would come home with some arts/crafts project. I saved them throughout the year, took some pictures today, and will put them in the infamous "round file." The reality is, a lot of it was done by his teacher in order to look good, and so the value isn't as much. I thought the picture taking idea from a friend was a good one to help minimize the collection but still remember all that he did. So here we go:




1 comment:

jill said...

Looks like a good year, all the way around.

How many days will A go in the fall?

Because of his age, the preschool we're sending E to has him three days. We opted for afternoons, which will feel weird, but may allow me time to work while Silas is napping without paying a sitter. Of course, Si is in nap rebellion, so...

But, we'll send E to two more years of preschool. He makes the cut off in NE, but I don't think that I want him to be so very young when he is in high school.