A few months ago, I received an email through the General Mills Pssst Program asking for people who would like to hold a holiday party involving Chex Mix. I thought, "I have friends. I like Chex Mix. Maybe I will throw my hat in the ring and see if I get picked to host a party. " So I filled out an application, and low and behold, I few weeks later I received an email saying I had been selected to host a party. Sweet!
Here was the deal. I needed to host a party on November 18. I could do it at any time of day, and invite however many I wanted. They sent me a cool party box. Chex Cereal provided me with the product and information through MyGetTogether. In the box were 5 boxes of various kinds of Chex cereal, 30 $1 off coupons to share with friends, a $25 gift card to help me buy supplies and ingredients for my party, a set of measuring spoons, a timer, and some Chinese take out boxes for people to use to take home Chex mix. It was awesome!
So I invited about 25 people, and about 10 people came--which was perfect. I hosted it in the morning, and my friends brought their kids who played while we exchanged and chatted away. I made apple pie Chex mix and some sweet and spicy honey nut Chex mix--both were good, although the spicy was spicy. My friends said it was a good spicy though. I have such sweet friends. :)
The best part was everyone had a great time. My friends were so glad to come, and they thought it was wonderful. It makes me think it's worth doing an exchange annually. It really is a pretty low stress event to hold. And if you do it right before Thanksgiving, then you have things for people to snack on. (As if any of us need more food this time of year--hee hee.)
I wished I had taken some photos, but I was so busy hosting and having a grand time that I forgot to snap any, but trust me, it was good times. Thanks for joining me, friends, and I will have to dream up ways to make it even more fun in the future! :)

2 comments:
You won! That's so cool. Sounds like fun :) Wish I lived closer ;)
Guess my invitation got lost in the mail, huh? Bummer. Sounds like it was fun. Don't worry, I'll forgive you - IF I get an invite to next year's exchange, that is :)
Post a Comment