Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Doubly Thankful
These two make my life. I am so grateful for them and for their daddy because they are really all I need in the world to be happy.
I am thankful to have this time to be home with them. Our days may not be all that exciting, and I sure am not winning any mother of the year prizes, but this is such valuable and sweet time with them that I can never get back. I've had several friends from my previous school mention how miserable things are McClintock, and I am even more grateful that I made the decision I did to be home with my kids. How horrible would it be to be working in miserable conditions and having to drop my sweet babies off at daycare every day? That would not sit well with this mama at all.
Asher recently learned how to turn doorknobs, and so keeping him in his room at night sometimes has been a challenge and some nights the only person who has slept well around here has been Julia. Even for all of the lost sleep, the endless problem solving to keep Asher in his room, the frustration with trying to match wits with a two year old, I am grateful to be learning and growing as a mother. I am grateful for small arms that give frequent hugs and kisses. I am grateful for Julia's smiles that light up the room and that seem to encompass every part of her body when she does them. I am blessed.
Growing up we had a cross stich on the wall in our house about rocking babies to sleep because babies don't keep. So true. Even though it may be hard to remember sometimes, I am grateful for these moments. They won't last forever, and someday I will miss things about this time. I am thankful for perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment