Monday, September 5, 2011

Julia's blessing

What a weekend! When I heard a couple of months ago that my sister's Megan and Jessica planned to be in town for the Labor Day weekend, I knew this would be the perfect time to bless our little girl in church. It was so fun to have my sisters here to chat, laugh, cook, and eat good food.

We spent Saturday lounging, getting the BBQ chicken, sugar cookies, and brownies ready, watched the movie Soul Surfer (which none of thought was that great--I don't think we even finished it), and went to Organ Stop Pizza with Jill and her family. Good times.

Then Sunday was the day. Enoch did a beautiful job with the blessing, and it was nice to have my dad, David and Rob there to participate. Enoch's dad attended, but wasn't feeling well, so he elected to not stand in the circle, but we were so glad he made it for this special day! :)

Afterwards, some fun family pics. I think the one above is the first all family pic we've taken since Julia was born. And of course one with cute Asher. Then off to the house for some good eats and visiting with family. We had a houseful, and everyone was so helpful with the meal and clean up.

The girl of the day. Her dress is one I got from my Aunt Joan. Joan found several dresses from the 50's in my grandmother's house after she passed away, and she graciously lent this one to me. She didn't know whose it was so she said to say it had been my mother's because it very well could have been. I love knowing that my grandmother and mother had a definite place in this day. :) The dress may be a bit yellowed from time, but it's beautiful with lovely lacing and great history.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

K-Krew said...

Cute family pictures! Love the dress and its special significance. And your baby looks so sweet :)

Looks like Soul Surfer is off our to-see list...

Kimberly said...

Very nice family picture! I wish we could have been there too, but my calling wouldn't allow me to go anywhere that weekend. Does anybody know what happened to the dress we were all blessed in?

Amy Borger said...

Beautiful day, beautiful family, beautiful story, beautiful dress, beautiful baby! Congrats to you all!