Monday, June 13, 2011

More visitors

We found out a couple of weeks ago that Enoch's sister JoAnn and her daughter would be coming to town. They stayed with us for the weekend, and we hope they had fun.

With them in town, it gave us the perfect opportunity to get the Mesa family together for dinner and a little birthday celebration. Enoch will be 36 tomorrow! :) We had baked ziti, spinach salad, broccoli, strawberry lemonade, and of course cake for dessert.

But we didn't just have cake. We also had cupcakes from a bakery in Phoenix. You see, I got a little excited about Groupon deals in the beginning and bought one for Let Them Eat Cake not realizing how it prove a littlehard to figure out an event where 12 fancy cupcakes would be the perfect compliment. The Groupon was set to expire soon, and with a baby arriving even sooner, I knew I needed to get it used pronto, so Enoch;s birthday it was.We cut them in half because they were quite rich, and even with 10 people to eat, we only ate 6 of them because I had made a lemon cake besides at Enoch's request. Good thing I am not on any kind of diet right now! ;)

Asher of course, loved having his cousin Casey to pal around with. They played in the yard as the sun went down, chased bubbles, and rode in the little car.

Having fun with the water. Both boys got soaked and loved every minute of it. :)

Aunt JoAnn showing Asher her pictures. It helped him get warmed up to her because he was a little bit cranky when they arrived.

Enoch prepares to blow out his candles. I know there are only 5, but pretend there are 36.;)

Casey takes Asher for a ride.

The big boys have fun with bubbles while JoAnn captures the mayhem. They were ridiculous.
I think Enoch enjoyed his celebration. :)

1 comment:

jill said...

Happy Birthday Enoch! Happy whole year ahead too ;)