You are such an incredible dad! You love our little boy with every part of you, and you are so good to take care of him in every way possible. You have always been my equal partner in parenting and I am grateful for that. You change diapers, bathe, feed, play with, wrestle with, and let Asher tinker around in the garden and yard with you. I know that I can leave Asher with you for a number of hours, and you'll be just fine with it, and he'll always be a happier kid for having gotten some great time with just his dad.
I wonder how our little girl will be different for us. You have often commented on how you feel it is so important for you to be strong presence in her life. You wished that you had seen your dad doing more with your sisters as they were growing up and think that could have been a really good thing for them. I'm glad that you feel this way because I think your role in her life is critical to her knowing more about herself and more about how to positively interact with both boys and girls. I hope there will be many opportunities for daddy daughter dates, times for you and her to have together to make memories. I hope that she will always feel comfortable coming to you with any problem. You will love her unconditionally, and I hope we can find ways to help her know this.
I'm glad that you are willing to learn and grow as a father. You are not afraid to admit mistakes, and you sincerely want to be the best you can be. What a blessing you are in my life and in our children's lives. Thanks for sharing this journey with me.
Love you forever.
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment