Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Wednesday Reflections 9.22.2010
Sweet boy! Your biggest accomplishment of the past week is transitioning to one nap a day. I could see it coming when you were starting to sleep about 12 hours at night pretty consistently. Really, with 12 hours of sleep, how could you need to nap much more than a couple hours more? It was more my hesitation that kept us from moving to the new schedule. I liked having a space of time in the morning.
But I still can have that time. It just comes early. I am trying to get up about 6:30 and work out and maybe get a little teaching work done before you wake which is around 8 AM. Then I am also learning that it helps to have some errand or other activity to do in the morning to help the day go by easier. You are so busy and tend to get a little bored with the same old things around the house. So we go to the library, the store, whatever I can find as a reason to go somewhere. Now I am liking the new schedule. It just took me some rethinking. I sure do like having the coupld hours of time in the afternoon. You are happy and so is mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
For comparison... I feel like E will never give up his morning nap! I would love for him to. We fudged it this week to our suffering later.
But, I remember when L was a baby (and she has always been an EARLY riser, like I'd have to be up at 4:30 am to do what you are doing now), I cried when she gave up her morning nap. It was such bliss to have that block in the mornings...
Now E's nap keeps me from getting out of the house while L is at school, so it's a different challenge these days. ;)
Asher transitioned to 1 nap already? I think Casey needed 2 naps until a few months ago. I think that a lot of kids start to enjoy interaction with other kids around his age as you might already know. He gets bored easily and quickly just to be with you, but hey that's normal. Church usually has play time so you should go and have fun with them.
You will get busier as he grows more. But we enjoy communicating with Casey more. Have fun!
Post a Comment