Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 questions

A friend of mine was tagged and used these questions on her blog today. I thought I would play for fun--and to spice up the blog a bit!

1. What's on your nightstand? lamp, clock, prenatal vitamins, a couple of CDs, Great Expectations, Ensign magazine, and way too much dust

2. If you could eat only one thing for lunch for the rest of your life, what would it be? Humph. I'd say that I would want to eat the turkey, cranberry sandwich from Paradise Bakery along with some chips and their signature cookie. Yum! Calories don't count in this make-believe world, right??

3. What is your middle name? Is there a story behind it? Jane. My older brother wanted my first name to be Jane, but my mom just couldn't bring herself to use such a plain name as a first name, so she compromised and made it my middle. I hope his little six year old heart wasn't broken!

4.If you could win a shopping spree in any store, which store would you choose? Definitely Target. I like the variety and the quality.

5. What word or phrase do you use most frequently? My pet phrase is probably "holy cats!" I'm not really sure where it came from, but I use it when I am in disbelief or startled.

6. What's the last thing you purchased? a couple of shirts. I am trying to decide what to wear for family pictures at the family reunion.

7. If you could have a different career, what would it be? What's keeping you from making the switch? This is a hard one. I've pretty much liked what I've done. But in some ways I'd like to be an office manager for a some sort of health care provider. It seems fairly dynamic and you get a lot of interaction with people. I probably don't want to make the switch because I don't really have much training or business knowledge, so it's probably much harder than I think to do it well...

8. When you get too stressed out, what do you do to relax and calm down? I usually step away from the situation. I take deep breaths and hopefully can do some yoga.

9. What's the most recent thing you bookmarked on the internet? a shopping website where I can buy my husband's birthday gift. I'm not telling which one because I don't want him getting any ideas... It is so hard to surprise that man, so this one stays a secret.

10. What are you most looking forward to during the next two months? Probably my family reunion coming up this weekend. Otherwise, we are home for most of the summer and my days will be much the same as they are now. And it will be HOT! That I am not looking forward to...

7 comments:

Mycket said...

So fun! Was this on jills? I sa. It on Emilys! Look for it on mine next!

jess said...

Prenatal vitamins, huh? Do you have anything else you need to share? ;)

ejnorton said...

This was on Jill's, so I took it from her. She always has good ideas!

ejnorton said...

Jess, you continue to take prenatals if you are breastfeeding, so no, there is nothing else that I need to share other than the fact that I already have a kid. :P

The Snow Family said...

Yea Emily! I love to see good things happening in good people's lives. Are you still teaching? I am and I am almost to summer vacation.
I was thinking about our moms doing aerobics at the church all those years. I wonder what they are up to now.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and telling me you were there. Love you, Wendy

jill said...

Great list, Em! Sometimes it's interesting to just break the mold... but, I also want to hear all about your peaches. I am anxious for real summer and peaches, not that I'd trade in these days ;)

K-Krew said...

Loved the list. I think I might just steal the idea too ;)