Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday Reflections 2.17.10



Here you are at play with one of your favorite toys—Pooh Bear. But it is what Pooh is holding that really captures your attention. You absolutely love going after his honey pot even though holding onto it is a bit of a challenge for your little hands. They just aren't quite big enough to get a good grip. You keep trying, though.

Your grip is not the only thing small in your world. We took you for your six month appointment this week, and you are a bit of a lightweight. At 14 lbs 10 oz., you are ranking in the 10th percentile. You're doing better on height. You are a whopping 26.5 inches which puts you at 50th percentile. Considering the builds of your parents, I would expect the switching of those numbers, but you are your own man.

Going to the doctor also meant six shots this time. Ouch! I could have elected to not give you the two flu shots, but I am a believer in the flu shot, and I would rather that you be protected than not. Sorry, little man. You seem to be none the worse for wear by the next day.

But something else gets to come and bother you in the same week. Your first tooth is working its way through! You've been clenching your jaws and biting your lower lip in uncharacteristic ways, so on closer inspection, I can see some action on those lower gums. Today you are cranky, which is unlike you, and you're not as happy to eat your solid foods. Hopefully, after a few days, this too shall pass—at least for the time being and until the next teeth make their appearance.

You do like solids—except for chicken. This is the first food you have outright rejected. But I find if I mix a small amount with a vegetable, you don't know it, and so you get a little protein at the same time. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Asher is getting old now! He looks like less of an infant and more like a toddler all the time!