Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Big Fat Greek Dinner

Enoch and I like Greek food. In fact, the night before our wedding, we went out on a final single date to a Greek place. We like the spices, the meats, and the pita bread and hummus.

So last week when my friend Raquel said that she had eggplant in her garden for people to take, I was happy to take a few off her hands. I went to work making moussaka from a recipe in The Joy of Cooking. I'd never made it before, but I figured it was worth a try.

It was delicious! I'm so glad because after more than three hours of preparing it, I wanted it to be good. Raquel came over to eat with us, and she thought it was delicious too. Enoch keeps talking about it as well.

We also had some homemade hummus that Enoch had made and frozen a few weeks ago, and I made pita bread. Don't ask what got into me, but it was fun!

2 comments:

K-Krew said...

That sounds really good - so glad it turned out. When you get a minute I'd love to have the hummus recipe.

Amber M. said...

YUM! Some Air Force "widow" girlfriends and I had Greek food together last night for Valentine's...but I'm not brave enough to try and MAKE any of it. Good for you!