This is actually from last Saturday. I'm a bit slow to posting these days and I am not exactly sure why. But after taking a family field trip to the library last Saturday, we found ourselves doing some reading with little Asher. We find it can be a great way to calm him and even get him to sleep. Enoch had already been working his way through All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren. The lilting sounds of his word choice put Asher to sleep on more than one evening.
I picked up A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and read that to Asher as well. Perhaps it is more the sound of my voice than anything that is calming, but he likes it pretty well--no matter what the book. He should get plenty of reading time in his life. After all, his parents are bookish enough people that they met at a book club. ;)
1 comment:
Curtis read the Odyssey to infant L and the Illiad to infant J. Consider the ironies of that, if you will.
Way to choose classics, you guys. You could always rot his little mind with Twilight.
Post a Comment