Sunday, April 12, 2009

The latest news...

Yes, we had the ultrasound on Friday, and the good news is that the baby appears to be healthy and growing just as it should. On the negative side, we were not able to find out the gender because our little one chose to cross those two legs tightly and give nothing up--even after a few minutes had passed and the doctor had checked out other things, the baby still decided to maintain its position.

We were disappointed but grateful to know that all is well. My doctor says he'll try again next month, so maybe, just maybe, we will have all revealed then.

We also came to terms on a price on the house earlier in the week, so provided all goes well with the appraisal and the home inspection, we should be into our new digs completely by June 1! We'll miss the friends and associations we've made in our ward here, but we'll only be 10 minutes down the road, so I hope we can maintain ties. Enoch and I are excited to be moving into our own first home--and just in time for the baby to join us. :)

More details to come as they unfold. ;)

6 comments:

K-Krew said...

Glad to hear that the baby is doing well. Lucy - the little stinker - did the same thing to us. Those legs were not coming uncrossed so we ended up being surprised.

Amber M. said...

So many changes...keep us posted!!

Lott said...

Wow...congratulations. I can't wait to see pics of the house.

Schauers Hours said...

My stomach always does a flip when I hear news from ultra sounds, so happy that all is well.

LStevens said...

So excited for you. When is your due date? I am sure you have posted it but I don't know. How are you feeling? Glad all is well. Surprises are nice sometimes. ;-)

Nilda Noel said...

Congratulations on finding a home. Hope it goes well. Can't believe the little one had the legs crossed...at least they are modest...even in the womb when they don't need to be:)